Atanas Atanasov is one of those painters who leave happy memories in their teachers not only with their talent and artistic outlook to every assignement in the academic studio, but also with the ambitious and unique style they have developed-a style based on refined sensitivity and creative perception and interpretation of ancient Bulgarian icon-painting tradition. Atanas Atanasov is an accomplished artist whose inner poetics penetrates deeply into the very soul of nature and by revealing its strength and splendour creates a spiritual domain.At a time when temptations have almost replaced true ordeals, Atanas Atanasov has succeeded in preserving and developing the virtues of an absorbing and beautiful style of painting born through experience that combines in a natural way the genuine tradition with the truth in the artist's heart. And it is the truth that stands above the subject, above the definite and carefully mastered form, above rhythm and composition, above the world of real fiction- the truth is in that intangible mystery of plastic substance which transforms physical space into a boundless realm of spirit.
- 1964- born in the town of Burgas, Bulgaria
- 1983- finishes the School of Arts in Sofia
- 1990- III Prize for small format painting at Del Bello Gallery, Toronto, Canada
- 1991- graduates the Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia, in the class of Prof. Svetlin Roussev.
- 1991-The Art 36 Gallery, Sofia
- The Europe Hotel- Castre, France
- 1992-The Arena Gallery, Sofia
- 1993-The Trakia Gallery, Plovdiv
- 1994-Boyana Church Museum, Sofia
- 1995-The Arena Gallery, Sofia
- 1996-The Art 36 Gallery, Sofia
- 1998- The Romfair Gallery, Plovdiv
- 2000- Alexander Gallery, Sofia
- 2001- The Bulart Gallery, Varna
- Nessi Gallery, Burgas
- 1991-Bulgarian Painting and Icons-Albi, Castre, Tulose, France
- 1996-International Triennial in painting, Sofia
- 1997-Watercolor International Competition" Zinaida Gi", Rome, Italy.
- 1999- International Painting Symposium, Samotraki Island, Greece
- From 1997 to 2000 the artist worked as illustrator for New Vision Technology, Canada
- Since 1993 he has been working for Lo Scarabeo Publishing House, Torino, Italy